PAGAN PRIDE UK 2016 - SUNDAY 7TH AUGUST
The Pagan Pride UK Parade and FREE festival takes place annually on the FIRST Sunday in August in Central Nottingham. With now over two thousand Pagans attending, the event is growing year after year as more people than ever before gather together for a day of celebration and Pagan pride.
Here’s some information about the location and facilities of the event we hope you find useful. Please follow the links to view more info. If there’s anything not answered here – please just email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Parade gathers in the Market Square in the city centre at 10.30am Parade Information >>more
- The festival begins at 12.00pm (midday) with live music, talks, workshops and lots of entertainment, stalls, food court and real ale bar open until 6.00pm.
- The festival is FREE – that means that there’s NO ENTRY FEE and no extra costs for entertainment or workshops. Though we do recommend bringing a bit of spending money for a cuppa, some grub, a pint, to treat yourself from the huge selection of stall holders, or of course to take home a Pagan Pride t-shirt as a souvenir!
- There are some activities that do have a small cost, like face-painting, these are to help us fundraise and are completely optional!
- After the festival is over the After-Show Party with live music is held at another venue in the city centre from 7.30pm. More details TBC later. It's free to all our staff, marshals, speakers and performers but there's a small entry fee for the public. A limited number of special £1 entry tickets will be on sale from the Info Point at the festival, available on the day. AfterShow Party >>more coming soon
- There are public toilets on site
- Disabled access; wheelchair users will be pleased to know there are paths leading around the entirety of the park and the grassed areas are mostly even though there are some inclines. Limited Parking for Blue Badge Holders; please email us directly for details. If you have any specific needs please contact us and we’ll do our best to help
- Please help us keep the park neat and tidy by using the litter bins provided, and/or taking your rubbish home with you.
- Dogs welcome; but please keep them on a lead and clean up after them, thank you. There is access to water via a public standpipe, please ask a marshal for assistance.
LOCATION: Postal Address for your Sat Navs! The Arboretum; Waverley St, Nottingham, NG7 4HF Please note; there is NO parking on site. The closest parking is the free parking at the NET Tram stop at The Forest. The Arboretum, where Pagan Pride 2015 is being held, is a short walk away (10mins over the hill) or one stop on the tram. GOOGLE MAP of the location here DIRECTIONS: Traveling by CAR - From the M1 NORTH/WEST: Exit at Junction 26. Follow the A610 (Nuthall Road/Alfreton Road), turn LEFT onto Gregory Boulevard. You’ll see the Forest Recreational Ground (sports fields) Park & Ride on your RIGHT. From the A60 NORTH/EAST (Mansfield): Follow the A60 (southbound) through Sherwood into Nottingham. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Gregory Boulevard/A6130. You’ll see the Forest Recreational Ground (sports fields) Park & Ride on your LEFT. From the A52 SOUTH/WEST (Derby): Follow the A52/Clifton Boulevard (northbound), continue onto Middleton Boulevard, at the roundabout take the 4th exit onto Wollaton Road/A609, continue to follow the A609. Turn LEFT onto Radford Boulevard/A6130, continue to follow the A6130 – straight across at the lights onto Gregory Boulevard/A6130. You’ll see the Forest Recreational Ground (sports fields) Park & Ride on your RIGHT. Traveling by Public Transport - By Rail: There are major refurbishments happening at Nottingham rail station and there may be planned works which could affect your journey. Please visit East Midlands Trains website for more information. From the Rail Station: Nottingham Train Station is on a direct tram route to both the Market Square (parade) and The Arboretum (festival). Alternatively it’s a short walk (10mins) through the Broadmarsh Shopping Centre to the parade meeting point, or a slightly longer 20-30mins through the city centre to The Arboretum. By Tram: Alight at the Market Square for the parade, or at High School for The Arboretum. An Adult all-day ticket is only £3.50 and group tickets for families are available – just ask the conductor. More info here at NET-Trams: http://www.thetram.net/fares/ Traveling by Bus – from out of town There are 2 main bus stations on Nottingham; Victoria Centre and Broadmarsh, plus many roadside stops. Check your route and drop points with your bus service and alight close to the Market Square, for the parade and Victoria Centre/Mansfield Road for The Arboretum. From Mansfield Road you can cut through the side streets to North Sherwood Street and enter the Arboretum through the gate leading along a path to a tunnel (it’ll make sense when you see it). Please note that Mansfield Road is VERY long (- it goes all the way to Mansfield would you believe!), so be sure to check your destination is Nottingham City end. PARKING: We recommend that you park at the Forest Recreation Ground Park & Ride.There’s FREE parking all day and a regular tram service with stops at both ‘Market Square’ for the Parade and ‘High School’ for The Arboretum Walking to the Arboretum from the Forest P&R If you want to walk to the festival after parking your car, The Arboretum is only 10-15minutes walking distance away. There is a bit of a hill, but if that’s not a problem then follow the tramlines past the High School and you come to the Arboretum on your LEFT. Disabled Parking for Blue Badge Holders: There’s a limited number of parking spaces for Blue Badge holders, allocated on a first come/first served basis, so just drop us an email to request one. Please contact us if you have any access needs and we’ll endeavour to do our best to accommodate them If you have any other questions about the event, not answered here – please email us email@example.com